Reasons to have a Carbon Monoxide detector Every year, almost 200 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning, with thousands more visiting the emergency room. Many victims die in their sleep without ever knowing that a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas is slowly killing them. Carbon monoxide is produced when fuel is not completely burned. If you have an appliance that uses natural gas such as a stove or clothes dryer, or you have a fireplace or a space heater, you are at risk for carbon monoxide exposure. Any
home heating system that burns fuel like natural gas or propane is also a potential risk.
What is dust?
To prevent an allergy or asthma attack it would seem to make sense to stay indoors as much as possible and keep all your windows closed, especially when pollen counts are the highest. However, research show that the levels of pollutants inside your home can actually be greater than the levels of allergens outside your home. For allergic people that’s really bad news.