Mold can eat or digest any surface it’s growing on; this can lead to damage to your house or any furnishings in your house. Humidity and dampness in the air of your home can generate an environment that promotes mold growth. According to the EPA, indoor relative humidity (RH), should be kept under 60%, ideally between 30-50%. This will keep your house from being an environment that is friendly to mold because it is not humid enough for their growth. Having functioning, effective humidifier and dehumidifier units in your house will hinder mold growth.
If you find yourself having frequent sneezing fits, especially if they’re accompanied by watery eyes, a runny nose, or a cough, then it could be a sign of excessive allergens or pollutants in your home.
The inside of your nose is lined with a sensitive mucus membrane fed by lots of blood vessels. When this membrane is damaged and one of those blood vessels ruptures, this results in a nosebleed. Obvious causes are injury or trauma to the nose, but many people are unaware that home air quality and humidity levels can also play a major role in nosebleeds.
It’s normal for a home to have its own unique smell. However, if you’ve been noticing an unpleasant, musty smell around your home recently, it could be a sign of mold or mildew.
An allergy occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks a harmless foreign substance, known as an allergen. Inhaling airborne allergens can cause a runny nose, congestion, watery eyes, or irritated skin — mild allergic reactions that can be managed fairly easily. However, severe reactions can trigger allergic asthma, a dangerous condition in which the airways narrow and breathing becomes difficult.
Dust allergies are caused by a reaction to insects called dust mites, specifically their droppings or decomposing bodies. Invisible to the naked eye, these tiny bugs feed on the organic matter found in household dust, such as dead skin cells and hair from humans and pets (pet dander).
Reasons to have a Carbon Monoxide detector Every year, almost 200 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning, with thousands more visiting the emergency room. Many victims die in their sleep without ever knowing that a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas is slowly killing them. Carbon monoxide is produced when fuel is not completely burned. If you have an appliance that uses natural gas such as a stove or clothes dryer, or you have a fireplace or a space heater, you are at risk for carbon monoxide exposure. Any
home heating system that burns fuel like natural gas or propane is also a potential risk.
What You Need To Know About Carbon Monoxide Detectors
What is dust?